Is this your listing? Login
to edit it
Waterton-Glacier Butterfly BioBlitz
Monday, July 10, Glacier National Park, U.S.A.
Tuesday, July 11, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m, Waterton Lakes National Park.
Come be a lepidopterist for a day or two! Join butterfly experts and Parks Canada staff to catch and identify butterflies. Volunteer in one or both national parks, and help experts document and learn about the butterflies in this UNESCO World Heritage site. Participate in Waterton on Tuesday July 11, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. or in Glacier National Park, U.S.A. on Monday, July 10.
No experience necessary – just a willingness to learn about and catch butterflies. Registration is required to participate in both events because space is limited. To sign up for the Waterton event email email@example.com. To sign up for the Glacier event go to https://2017gnpbutterflybioblitz.eventbrite.com
Visit https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/waterton/activ/benevolat-volunteer/citoyenne-citizen for more information.
• No experience necessary! Just a willingness to learn about and catch butterflies
• Be prepared for a full day outside. Bring water and clothing for changeable weather
• If you have them, bring a camera, butterfly net and field guides
• Carpool to counting locations within Waterton Lakes National Park during the morning and for those who can stay, in the Waterton Park Front (outside the park) for the afternoon
• Run and catch butterflies, unharmed, with nets
• Bring butterflies in the net, to count leaders for identification and then, under direction of count leaders, release them unharmed.